Les Gets boasts one of the most beautiful 18-hole mountain golf courses. In a stunning natural environment, golf lovers will delight in the tree-lined course covering challenging terrain with scope for a large diversity of play.
In addition, since 2010, Les Gets Golf Club has been involved in the implementation of “green” innovations that contribute to making it a pioneer in environmental protection.
The Golf in details
– Opening dates : From 6th of June to 4th of October 2020
– 18-hole course over 5264m – par 70, on the Chavannes hillside.
– Member of the Golfy network, the leading network of golf courses in France.
– 30 Golfing Buggies
– Golfing Academy : Lessons for all standards with qualified professional.
– Restaurant : Something for everyone from an express menu to a selection of gastronomic delights.
Les Gets Golf ISO 14001 certification
Les Gets Golf Club is the first golf course in France to obtain the ISO 14001 certification. This environmental accreditation was awarded by an independent organisation (AFAQ) in October 2010 and lasts for 3 years. This accreditation reinforces the Eco-tourism philosophy of the village alongside those obtained by SAGETS (the lift company) in 2008 and the Tourist Office in 2010.
ISO 14001 Initiatives :
- Reasoned watering, water savings thanks to the hillside reservoir independent of the drinking water network.
- Some areas are not mowed voluntarily, which results in fuel savings, lower noise pollution, protection of local and natural flora species.
- Recharging of electric carts in deceleration (saving in electricity).
Environmentally friendly purchasing policy
Incorporation of environmental considerations in improvement projects
Construction in progress of a new garage integrating the environment (double-walled tanks, hydrocarbon separator, water recuperator, retention areas).
Pollution Prevention Measures
Sorting of internal waste in the maintenance and operation of the golf course, including hazardous waste.
Storage of chemical products in safe conditions and in compliance with the applicable regulations (secure cabinet for phytosanitary products, retention bin for chemicals likely to leak).
Purchase of absorbent kits to contain hydrocarbons in the event of a leak.
Replacement of the waste oil recovery tank
Proposal of pocket ashtrays to avoid throwing cigarette butts into the environment.
Curative maintenance of agricultural machinery, which saves oil and helps to mitigate accidental pollution.