Like all children in the valley, Léo started downhill skiing at the age of 6. He started his competitive career at the ski club of Les Gets. His promising results allowed him to join the CNE of Albertville (national training center) in order to reconcile his double project of high level sportsman and his schooling.
At the same time, he played a lot of ice hockey at a high level. At ease on skis as much as on skates, Léo had to make a choice: “To continue playing hockey at top-level, I had to go abroad and I wanted to stay in France so I chose skiing. I don’t regret it because I love all board sports“. Once summer is there, Léo spends most of his time on the West Coast surfing or wakesurfing. And when he comes back to Les Gets, it’s for riding in the Bikepark for downhill mountain bike sessions with his friends.
In 2018, Léo joined the ISF and is part of the elite group of the Mont Blanc Committee. Léo is now one of the best skiers in the world for his age group in all disciplines. Winner of several FIS races, he shined at the 2022 French Championships alongside the best French World Cup skiers. He is the French U21 Giant Slalom Champion and hopes to join the French Ski Team this year.
- General ranking: 1st French in Super-G and Downhill, 2nd French in Giant and AC
- French U21 Champion in Giant Slalom
- 2nd and 4th at the French Championships in Parallel Giant
- 60 FIS races: 12 podiums and 4 wins
– 2nd French in Giant Slalom
– 6th French in Slalom
– 3rd French in DH
This season, Léo took part in 39 FIS races and achieved 17 podiums including 5 victories.
- 21 ISF races (SL-GS-SG), 3 U18 podiums, 1 U18 victory
- 4th French in Giant
- 5th Frenchman in Slalom
- 6th French in SG
- 29th CCA (Year of Age Ranking) in GS
- Winner of the general classification of Mont Blanc
- Overall Silver Cup Winner
- Top 10 Overall Gold Squirrel Rankings (French Championships)
- 3rd Team Whistler Cup (Canada)