Les Gets resort is getting ready to host the Mercedes-Benz UCI MTB World Cup from 02 to 04 July 2021.
Sanitary measures, parking, traffic, shuttles, catering, opening of the Bikepark… You will find below all the practical information to enjoy an exceptional weekend of mountain bike competitions in Les Gets!
Please find below the sanitary measures put in place for the Mercedes-Benz 2021 UCI MTB World Cup in Les Gets:
The public will not be required to present a negative PCR test or health pass to enter the site. However, we are counting on visitors to behave responsibly and to respect the health measures described below.
– Negative PCR test less than 48 hours old is compulsory for all organisers, volunteers, members of cycling teams, accredited media, staff of national federations and UCI teams, partners and service providers.
– Wearing of a mask is compulsory (from 11 years old) at all times on the World Cup site (village, trackside, car parks, etc.) for the entire duration of the event.
– No contact with the riders and members of the cycling teams: no autographs or selfies, no entering the team areas. We ask you to respect these measures scrupulously.
– Provision of hydro-alcoholic gel at several strategic locations on the site.
– Respect for barrier gestures and social distancing.
– Reinforcement of cleaning protocols for the equipment provided (shuttles, toilets, bikewash, etc.)
– Installation of signage to respect social distancing at the entrance and exit of the site and at strategic locations.
– Installation of information / hygiene reminder signs at the entrance of each site.
Thanks to the illustrated village map, you can easily locate the event areas and points of interest during the 2021 UCI MTB World Cup in Les Gets:
– Race finish and start areas
– Teams and exhibitors area
– Free shuttle bus circuit
– Small train circuit
– Public car parks
– Information points
– Bike washing points
– Public toilets
– First aid posts.
The car parks in the village centre are reserved for the teams and the organisation. No parking from 27/06/21 at 20h00 to 05/07/21 : Colombière car park / Pressenage car park / Pik car park / Marais car park / Mont-Chéry car park / Pied de l’Adroit car park / Chavannes underground car park / War Memorial car park / Rue de la Forge car park.
VISITORS CAR PARKS
The visitors car parks are all located at Les Perrières (resort entrance on the TANINGES side): Parking Perrières + roadside entrance on the Taninges side.
Free shuttle buses and small trains pass nearby to take visitors to the village centre.
CAMPING-CAR PARKING AREAS
A free camper van parking area is available at the Perrières car park. Public toilets and showers are available nearby. The site has between 25 and 30 motorhome pitches. The upper part of the visitors’ car park at the entrance to the resort on the Taninges side is also reserved for them.
FREE SHUTTLES LINES A & B
Timetable: from 9am to 12pm and from 1pm to 7pm.
The routes of both lines A and B are modified from Monday 28 June 2021 until Monday 5 July inclusive.
– The TC Chavannes (09) stop is not served from 28/06/21 to 05/07/21
– The TC Mt-Chéry stop is transferred to the bus station from 02/07/21 to 04/07/21.
FREE SHUTTLE WITH MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAILER
Hours: 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 7pm
An additional free shuttle will run from Tuesday 29 June to Sunday 4th July (with a mountain bike trailer) on a single circuit: PK Perrières > Bus Station (Rotation every 15mn max).
THE FREE SMALL TRAINS
Timetable: from 10.30am to 1pm and from 2pm to 6pm. 2 free small trains will run from Friday 2 June 2021 to Sunday 4 July.
– 1 circuit Parking Perrières > Bus station (rotation every 15 mn max.)
– 1 circuit Parking Perrières > Lake (Rotation every 25 mn)
Shuttles can be located in real time on PYSAE APP
ROADS CLOSED FROM 28/06/21 TO 05/07/21
Roads TOTALLY closed to traffic from Monday 28 June 2021 to Monday 5 July inclusive. Pedestrian access only.
– Rue du centre
– Route du Front de Neige
ROADS CLOSED ON COMPETITION DAYS FROM 02/07/21 TO 04/07/21
– Rue du centre: From the Colombière roundabout to the intersection with Rue des Pistes
– Route du Front de Neige: From the intersection with Rue des pistes to the intersection with Route des Chavannes,
– Rue de Carry,
– Rue de la Forge,
– Rue de l’Ancienne Fruitière.
ALTERNATING TRAFFIC FOR ACCESS TO THE ROUTE DES CHAVANNES
Traffic will be alternated by traffic lights from the 2nd to the 4th of July included on the snow front road from the entrance of the village (mechanical music museum) to the intersection with the Route des Chavannes.
The resort’s restaurants and bars will be happy to welcome you on their terraces or in their dining rooms. Several establishments also offer take-away food. Ask directly at the restaurants.
Access to the Bikepark
On the Chavannes side, the Bikepark remains open to the public. Please note: the bottom of the four cross will be closed from Tuesday 28 June to Sunday 4 July (diversions to return to the TSD start)
On the Mont Chéry side, the Bikepark will be closed to bikes from Monday 28 June until Sunday 4 July. At the gondola level, riders will have priority over pedestrians on race days.
Download the official World Cup program in PDF format and discover the competition schedule, key figures and routes for the XCO and DHI disciplines, interviews of athletes, behind-the-scenes information about the event and the resort of Les Gets.