We are actively preparing the 2020-2021 winter season, which, as we are all aware, will be different from previous years.
We are very much looking forward to seeing you soon at the resort and we are all working together, responsibly and conscientiously, to adapt our infrastructures to make sure you will have total peace of mind during your holiday.
We do not have an answer for everything yet but we are doing everything to ensure the safety of our customers, our employees and the residents of Les Gets as much as possible.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of the measures taken by the various services and socio-professional staff at the resort. It will be updated regularly based on the governmental directives and the information we receive.
Our commitments for your safety
Ski area and ski lifts
- Masks will be mandatory in waiting areas, when boarding and while travelling on ski lifts.
- We are not currently planning to restrict the number of people in the ski area.
- We encourage you to order your ski passes online to avoid queues at the ticket office and contact with others –> Bonus: ski passes are cheaper online!
- Physical distancing will be implemented in queues (floor markings in waiting areas at the ticket office).
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be provided at the ticket office and when boarding ski lifts.
- The ski area has a number of entry points accessible on skis. Take advantage of some car parks that are free of charge and our shuttle bus network to reduce waiting time and be first on the slopes.
Holiday ski passes
Refund of unused ski passes (no supporting documents required):
If you want to cancel your order, your unused ski passes* will be refunded free of charge, without any supporting documents required.
Please send us your request in writing to the following email address email@example.com no later than the first day of validity of your ski pass.
*Excludes flash sales, Black Friday and season passes.
Cancellation and refund of Les Gets-Morzine season passes up until the opening date of the ski area:
Your Les Gets-Morzine season pass will be cancelled and refunded* if you make a request in writing to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 December.
*Minus an administration fee of 40€. Refunds will be made within one month.
Compensation policy in the event of closure due to force majeure:
In the event of interruption to service of all the ski lifts due to force majeure (please refer to our general terms and conditions of sale) resulting in it being impossible to use your season pass for 15 consecutive days, compensation will be provided for Portes du Soleil and Les Gets-Morzine season passes in the form of a credit note or refund corresponding to the number of weeks of closure multiplied by the price of the season price divided by the originally planned number of weeks of opening minus one unpaid day at the applicable basic rate.
Several measures are being taken for your children’s safety:
- Wearing of the mask is obligatory at the beginning and end of the lessons, for the instructor and for children aged 11 and over.
- In buildings, for public and professional spaces:
– Wearing of the mask is compulsory for people aged 11 and over
– Surface disinfection
– Disinfection of equipment on loan (bibs, DVA, etc.)
– Hand sanitiser provided
We advise you to contact the ski schools directly for more detailed information on their conditions for hosting students, bookings and cancellations.
- Masks must be worn by staff.
- Customers are not required to wear a mask (except in the bar, at the entrance to the restaurant or when moving about within the restaurant).
- Pedestrian traffic and the presence of customers in main common areas are managed to ensure social distancing, based on the layout of the premises.
- Buffets are organised so as to prevent customers and employees grouping together.
Rental chalets and apartments:
- Reinforced cleaning and disinfection protocols using appropriate equipment and virucidal products.
- The relevant date and disinfection protocol are displayed in all accommodation.
- The hosting protocol is adapted to take account of barrier gestures.
- Some accommodation locations have reinforced their preventive and/or cleaning measures (electrostatic disinfectant spraying, contactless payment encouraged, etc.).
Conditions for cancellation: Many hosts have adopted simplified conditions for cancellation. Please contact Les Gets Réservation or your host for more information.
Generally speaking, we strongly encourage you to contact your host to find out about their cleaning and safety protocol as well as their terms and conditions for bookings and cancellations.
Restaurants and bars
- All staff must wear masks and wash their hands very regularly.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance to each establishment.
- Customers in cafés, bars and restaurants must wear masks, except when seated at tables.
- A distance of one metre between each person will be indicated by signage, markings on the floor and verbal instructions.
- A distance of one metre will be observed between each table, and tables can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests.
- Menus will be distributed so as to avoid all contact: slate, verbally or QR code. Laminated menus will be cleaned after each time they are handled and paper menus will be single-use only.
- A distance of 1 metre must be observed between staff and customers at the bar.
- Contactless payment (prepayment, bank transfer, bank card or QR code) is recommended, and paying at your table is encouraged.
Alta Lumina :
- Masks must be worn (Decree of 17 July 2020)
- Maximum capacity of the activity reduced by 50%
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Regular disinfection of surfaces in contact with visitors
- Floor markings in the waiting area to ensure social distancing is respected
- Tickets sold online only
It should be noted that this entire activity takes place outside on an unaccompanied basis (everyone can visit at their own pace), and the pathways are broad enough to allow overtaking while maintaining barrier distances.
Other resort activities :
The resort’s activity providers have booking and hosting conditions specific to their activity and in accordance with national directives. We advise you to contact them directly for more information.
- Drivers will be wearing masks and will be responsible for disinfecting their vehicles daily: stairwell handrails, window ledges, armrests, etc. To ensure that the entire bus is properly disinfected, they will use a ‘nebuliser’ (or atomiser), a device that distributes unheated disinfectant as a cloud of particularly fine particles.
- Passengers will be required to wear masks in shuttles.
- Differentiated entry and exit in the shuttles: entry through the front door and exit through the rear door.
The little trains that provide free transport between the Les Chavannes and the Mont-Chéry gondola lifts will also be subject to a strict health protocol, and users will also be required to wear a mask during the trip.
Events and animations
The following measures are in place to guarantee your safety at our shows and events:
- All applicable ministerial, prefectoral and municipal orders are being observed
- Shows and events take place outside where possible
- Masks must be worn on site for guests aged 11 and over, for audiences, technical staff and restaurant/refreshment bar personnel
- Gloves must be worn by restaurant/refreshment bar personnel
- Masks available on request
- Hand sanitiser provided at the entrance and exit of each site
- Cleaning protocol organised for the equipment provided
- Signage installed to ensure social distancing is respected at the entrance and exit of the site and at food and drink service locations
- Signs and banners to provide information/raise awareness/offer a reminder of the hygiene rules at the entrance to each site
- Reduced number of participants at workshops (max. 10) and more frequent workshops
- Online booking in advance possible, with electronic tickets sent by e-mail
- Simplified cancellation procedure
Tourist Information Office
- Signage, barrier gestures and preventive measures on display, floor markings and customer pedestrian traffic route organised and signposted.
- Reinforced cleaning and disinfection protocol.
- Masks must be worn, transparent screens installed, hand sanitiser provided.
- Premises are aired out.
- Social distancing must be respected and pedestrian traffic and encounters regulated within the reception area of the Tourist Information Office and queues outside.
- Contactless payment preferred for shows and events as well as in the shop.
- Limited self-service documentation with a sign saying: “you must take any brochures you touch” and customers are directed to electronic documents: QR codes displayed to download documents.
- Face-to-face meetings can be booked at quieter times.
- Seating and child area closed.
- No tablets available for public use.
- Fewer elements on display at reception terminals.
- “Family Plus” packs prepared in advance.
- Reinforced display of information outside the Tourist Information Office.
- Special Covid-19 page on the lesgets.com website and information available at Tourist Information Office receptions on the specific health measures taken by socio-professional staff: stores, accommodation providers, activity providers, etc.
Your responsibility for everyone’ safety
We are doing everything we can to ensure you have a memorable and relaxing holiday, but everyone has their own part to play. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Before you leave
Stay at home if you are showing symptoms (fever, cough and sore throat, headache, difficulty breathing), even mild ones, of Covid-19.
We would ask that you behave in a responsible and civic manner during your stay in Les Gets, by complying with the provisions set out above in the various facilities and establishments of the resort and by respecting our staff as they apply the health measures.
We encourage you to stay informed of any changes to the health measures applicable in France https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus and restrictions on travelling abroad.