The Escale Nature Charter
In line with the growing environmental expectations of our clients, the resort has asked accommodation providers to participate in an eco-citizenship programme.
A working group with both hoteliers and members of the tourist office has drawn up a list of 37 criteria which will demonstrate active participation in the management of energy, water, waste, noise … (with reference to the 2012 hotel classification).
Les Gets has asked accommodation providers to become involved in this process by adhering to at least seven of these criteria in their hotel, bed and breakfast, group or other accommodation…
This involvement will be highlighted, by a special logo in the description of their accommodation.
And they will also receive a certificate confirming their implication in this initiative. In this way, clients will be made aware of the process enabling them to make a fully informed accommodation choice.
For accommodation providers
Originally introduced by Les Gets Reservation for their members, the Accommodation Providers’ charter has evolved and takes a significant step forward in 2012. The Tourist Office wishes all accommodation providers to become involved in this initiative (furnished accommodation, estate agents and hotels).
Following a questionnaire asking clients about their attitudes and expectations of Eco-friendly tourisim initiatives, we have been able to analyse and improve the charter to make it as relevant as possible.
The most important areas that accommodation providers should consider are : energy economy, waste management, reduction in noise pollution, a natural environment.
The improvements of the Accommodation Providers’ Environmental charterare :
- Relevant and pertinent requirements which will allow clients to easily compare different accommodation offers.
- Class the criteria by category : waste disposal, energy, water….
- Create different levels of classification for the owners adhering to the existing charter (a classification by stars called “Edelweiss : 1,2 or 3 Edelweiss) to make comparison simpler.
- Give information leaflets for distribution to visitors about Energy, waste disposal…
The Escale Vélo Charter
In line with the growing expectations regarding accommodation of our customers bikers, the resort has invite its owners to engage in advocacy and readability of their offers.
For a quality cycling holiday
Les Gets tourist office identified a list of 23 criteria that meets a quality approach to reception, equipment and services for cyclists material.
The resort offers to its owners to involve in this process by adhering to a mandatory criteria and at least 7 additional criteria.
This engagement will be shown by a specific logo in the accommodation description. A certificate attesting to their commitment to this charter is given to them.
The”Escale Vélo” members are classified from 1 to 3 wheels:
Provide a secure storage room for bicycles: easily accessible, lit, with sufficient capacity.
- To provide documentation and tourist information useful for the stay of the customers in the resort: bus schedules, resort brochures and village map, event/animation programs, restaurant guide.
- To provide documentation and information specific to mountain biking and cycling: Les Gets and Portes du Soleil mountain bike guide, Les Gets electric mountain bike guide, CCHC cycling guide, Les Gets summer info guide (packages, rentals, courses, rentals…).
- To advise clients on cross-country itineraries, Bikepark tracks, cycling itineraries, packages, schools, cycling outings…
- To communicate the contact details of professional bike hire companies and repairers (Info guide été).
- Inform customers about the possibilities of cycling outings.
- To showing particular attention to tourists on bikes on their arrival: offering a hot or cold drink, a documentation kit…
- Washing machine or sink for hand washing.
- Tumble dryer or drying room.
- Provide a changing room.
- Provide a washing area with the necessary equipment for washing bikes (water jet, brush).
- Provide a repair/maintenance kit for small damages.
- Provide a first aid kit.
- Provide customers with a bicycle hire service for equipment and accessories (free or paying).
- Present the weather conditions on a daily basis (except for weekly rentals).
- Facilitate internet access on site (free or paying) or know where the internet connection is available.
- Ensure the transfer of the luggage of itinerant cyclists (offer the service yourself or know and quote transport professionals who accept bicycles).
- Give the customer the possibility to book alternative accommodation in another resort, or to use a taxi.
Specific to hotel industry
- The hotelier can make the bike reservations himself.
- Offer a complete and balanced breakfast, adapted to the effort of tourists on a bicycle
- Be able to offer breakfast from 7am (or earlier).
- Propose the payment of the bill the evening before departure.
- Offer the possibility to prepare a lunch basket (paying and by reservation the day before).